This spring is sure to be a fun one for Irving residents and visitors alike. Make plans to #VisitIrving and enjoy one of these awesome upcoming events in March 2018.
National Money Show
Do you have old coins and bills that have been tucked away in your attic for years? Are you a collector or a fan of all things historic? If so, you may want to swing by the National Money Show, hosted by the American Numismatic Association. Admission is free on Saturday for all, and for ANA members and children under the age of 12 every day.
Attendees can peruse museum exhibits featuring rare coins and bills, attend educational seminars on grading U.S. coins and paper money, put in a bid at the Kagin‘s auction or go on an excursion to the local Bureau of Engraving and Printing. There are also a variety of free talks, including:
- Medallic Remembrances of World War I (March 8)
- Oops! A Lighthearted Review of Design Mistakes on Circulating Coins (March 8)
- Strategies to Dispose of Your Collection (March 8)
- World War II Emergency Currency (March 9)
- Numismatic Necessities: Important Guidelines, Tools & Basics for Every Collector (March 9)
This event is also family friendly. Kids age 17 and younger can partake in the Treasure Trivia game, where they ask table holders multiple choice questions about money and submit their answers for a chance to win a prize!
Irving Tennis Classic
- March 12 – 18
- Four Seasons Resort and Club Dallas at Las Colinas (@FSDallas)
- Get updates @IrvingClassic
Watch impressive men‘s tennis players from around the world as they compete for a prize of $150,000 at the sixth annual Irving Tennis Classic tournament. Competitors can amass ATPâ„¢ Ranking points at this stop on the ATP Challenger Tour, which gives them a better chance at making it to the ATP World Tour ”“ the most prestigious tournament sponsored by the Association of Tennis Professionals. Some lucky fans will even have a chance to meet some of the athletes and their coaches during the tournament.
Irving Arts Center
- Open year-round
- Irving Arts Center (@Irving Arts)
The Irving Arts Center hosts approximately 1,400 events each year. Visitors can see theatrical performances, stroll through the sculpture garden, view the works in the galleries or participate in workshops and classes. Here are some of the exciting free exhibits and special events coming up in the month of March.
- Wild Bees: Photographs by Paula Sharp & Ross Eatman (February 10 – March 25)
- Annual Exhibition of Irving ISD Student Artwork (March 7 – May 6)
Youth & Family Events
- 2nd Sunday Family Funday: Lone Star State of Mind (March 11)
- Aga Khan Foundation Youth Summit (March 31)
Citywide Egg Hunt
- March 24
- Irving Heritage Park
- Get updates @thecityofirving
This year‘s annual Citywide Egg Hunt is sure to delight kids age 10 and under. During this free event, kids have a chance to hunt for colorful candy- and toy-filled eggs that have been hidden around Heritage Park. Egg hunt times are broken down by age group, and there is an additional egg hunt available for children with special needs so everyone can have a fair chance to get some eggs. After the egg hunt, kids and their families can enjoy pictures with the Easter Bunny, a petting zoo of cuddly animals, an inflatable slide and bouncy castle, arts and crafts and other festive events.
Relax, Eat and Catch a Show at Toyota Music Factory
Toyota Music Factory will be celebrating its grand opening April 2018. If you‘re already in the area for another fun event, feel free to stop by and feast on delicious grub at one of our restaurants and bars or catch one of our shows at The Pavilion at Toyota Music Factory.
We hope to see you at one of our March events:
- Gloria Trevi vs. Alejandra Guzman (March 11)
- Thirsty Lion‘s St. Baldrick‘s Fundraiser 2018 (March 17)
- Annual House Party Featuring Lil Uzi Vert With Special Guests (March 17)
- Beck With Twin Shadow (March 23)
Visit our site to plan your visit today!